This page may contain affiliate links for products we recommend. If you click a link and buy something we may receive some compensation. This does not change the price you would pay. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant pot Beef And Broccoli, Broccoli Beef Recipe
beef and broccoli instant pot
Mongolian beef and broccoli instant pot
Watch: “Best Baby back ribs Instant Pot ”
Rod Elmore Beef And Broccoli #Instantpot #Instapot #TheRodElmoreShow
Check out these great deals if found for you. https://www.amazon.com/shop/therodelmoreshow
Subscribe to The Rod Elmore Show YouTube channel http://bit.ly/2CK7Xou Please Share this Link. Thank you!
Receive 10% off purchase at NewBabyBoutique.com (Discount will automatically be applied at checkout) https://goo.gl/P5qCkv
Gear I use:
Canon EOS Rebel T78i DSLR Camera https://amzn.to/2SV5GMd
Canon EF-S 18-135mm STM https://amzn.to/2VIEIZQ
Manfrotto Tripod – https://amzn.to/2RepKeL
If you have a YouTube Channel you check out Tube-Buddy: https://goo.gl/zd3ArL
Connect with us:
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
2 pounds (750g) well-marbled chuck roast steak, 2 inches thick
1 head (383g) broccoli, chopped into large florets
4 garlic cloves, roughly minced
1 tablespoon (15g) ginger, roughly diced
1 tablespoon (15ml) peanut oil
Black pepper, salt, and brown sugar to taste
Chicken Stock Mixture
1 cup (250ml) unsalted chicken stock
2 tablespoons (30ml) light soy sauce (not low sodium soy sauce)
1 tablespoon (15ml) dark soy sauce
½ tablespoon (7.5ml) oyster sauce
1 teaspoon five-spice powder
¼ teaspoon sesame oil
2 – 3 tablespoons cold water + 2 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
1. Prepare Pressure Cooker: Heat up your pressure cooker over medium-high heat (Instant Pot: press Sauté button and click Adjust button to go to Sauté More function). Make sure your pot is as hot as it can be (Instant Pot: wait until the indicator says HOT).
2. Prep Ingredients: While the pressure cooker is heating up, you can prepare the ingredients as indicated. You should have about 24 mins including the time for browning the chuck steak.
3. Brown Chuck Steak: Season one side of chuck steak lightly with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add 1 tbsp (15ml) peanut oil in the pressure cooker. Ensure to coat oil over the whole bottom of the pot. Carefully place the seasoned side of chuck steak in the pressure cooker. Lightly season the other side with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Brown for 7 mins on each side without constant turning. Remove and set aside on a chopping board.
4. Make Chicken Stock Mixture: While the chuck steak is browning in pressure cooker, mix 2 tbsp (30ml) light soy sauce, 1 tbsp (15ml) dark soy sauce, ½ tbsp (7.5ml) oyster sauce, 1 tsp five-spice powder, ¼ tsp sesame oil, and 1 cup (250ml) unsalted chicken stock in a glass measuring cup.
5. Sauté Ginger & Garlic: Add diced ginger and minced garlic to the pressure cooker. Sauté for roughly 90 seconds until fragrant. Do not let the garlic burn.
6. Deglaze: Pour in the Chicken Stock Mixture (from Step 4) and completely deglaze the bottom of the pot by scrubbing the flavorful brown bits with a wooden spoon. Turn off the heat briefly to cut the chuck steak.
7. Cut Chuck Steak: After deglazing, cut the chuck steak into ⅛ inch thick beef slices. Since chuck roast grains run in different directions, slice it against the grain the best you can. Place beef slices and the flavorful meat juice in the pressure cooker. Make sure all beef slices are partially submerged in the cooking liquid.
8. Optional Step – Make Pot-in-Pot Rice: Layer a stainless steel bowl filled with 1 cup (230g) of Jasmine rice on top of a steamer rack. Add 1 cup (250ml) cold water in the rice bowl. Make sure all the rice is covered with water.
9. Pressure Cook Beef Slices: Close lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 12 minutes + 12 minutes Natural Release (after pressure cooker has finished cooking, wait 12 minutes then carefully release the remaining pressure). Turn off the heat. Open the lid carefully.
10. Thicken Sauce: Press Cancel button, then Sauté button to heat up the sauce. In a small mixing bowl, mix cornstarch with water. Mix it in one third at a time until the desired thickness.
#TheRodElmoreShow #foodphotography #foodstagram #dinner #foodblogger #foodlover #healthyfood #tasty #instagood #lunch #homecooking #love #foodgasm #recipes #recipe #foodies #instantpot #cooking #foodie #electricpressurecooker #instantpotrecipe #dinner #instantpotnewbie #recipes #instantpotcommunity #instantpotdinners #instapotrecipes #foodporn #instantpotsuccess #iprecipes #instantpotofficial