This page may contain affiliate links for products we recommend. If you click a link and buy something we may receive some compensation. This does not change the price you would pay. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Go to http://www.erictheiss.com or http://www.powerpressurecooker.com/ for more recipes and information.
Carbonara in the PPXL: http://youtu.be/XzSmlnWCdw0
Pot Roast in the PPXL: https://youtu.be/UsYE9e4nQLs
Pasta & Clams: https://youtu.be/lNdrbpYnfKQ
Braised Chicken with Fresh Oranges – Recipe down below
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 whole roasting chickens (about 4 lbs. each)
4 blood oranges, cut into eighths
2 blood oranges cut in halves
1 tsp. tumeric
1 tsp. paprika
3 cloves garlic smashed
1 extra large white onion, cut into eighths
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup Marsala wine
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1 packet dry Italian dressing seasoning
1/2 cut chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Season the chickens with salt, pepper, paprika and tumeric. Stuff the chickens with the orange halves.
2. Press the CHICKEN/MEAT button and the cook time selector once (for 40 min high pressure).
3. Add the oil to the inner pot. Once the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Sauté for about 3 minutes.
4. Add tomato paste and stir well. Add the seasoning packet and stir.
5. Add the chickens to the inner pot and all remaining ingredients.
6. Place the lid on the cooker, lock the lid and switch the pressure valve to CLOSED.
7. Once the timer reaches zero, switch the pressure valve to OPEN. Once the pressure has been released, unlock the lid.
8. Take the chickens out and place on a platter. Discard the oranges from the sauce and put the remaining sauce in a blender or food processor. Blend well until combined about one minute. Pour over the chicken and serve over noodles or rice.