This page may contain affiliate links for products we recommend. If you click a link and buy something we may receive some compensation. This does not change the price you would pay. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
How Dr. Greger pressure steams his greens.
On the one hand, heat can destroy certain nutrients; on the other hand, by softening the tissues, they can become more bioavailable. One study showed six times the antioxidant content of pressure cooking presoaked black beans for 15 minutes instead of boiling normally for an hour. What about pressure-cooking vegetables?
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free e-newsletter and receive a recipe from Dr. Greger’s brand-new cookbook, The How Not to Diet Cookbook: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
I love to share practical day-to-day decision-type videos. What’s the Best Way to Cook Vegetables? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-way-to-cook-vegetables). What about How to Cook Greens?(http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-cook-greens). What’s The Best Way to Cook Sweet Potatoes? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-way-to-cook-sweet-potatoes/). Watch the videos!
I also have some actual cooking videos up:
• Recipe: Morning Grain Bowls (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/recipe-morning-grain-bowls/)
• Recipe: Edamame Guacamole (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/recipe-edamame-guacamole/)
• Recipe: Garlic Caesar Salad Dressing (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/recipe-garlic-caesar-salad-dressing/)
• Dr. Greger in the Kitchen: My New Favorite Dessert (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dr-greger-in-the-kitchen-my-new-favorite-dessert/)
• Dr. Greger in the Kitchen: My New Favorite Beverage (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dr-greger-in-the-kitchen-my-new-favorite-beverage/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-pressure-cooking-preserve-nutrients and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-pressure-cooking-preserve-nutrients. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image credit: Your Best Digs / flickr
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org