This page may contain affiliate links for products we recommend. If you click a link and buy something we may receive some compensation. This does not change the price you would pay. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I came up with this recipe based on the ingredients that I like. I had never fixed beef stew before so for my first attempt I chose to make it in the Instant Pot. I really had no idea if I was doing it right or if it would even be edible.
I was so excited that it turned out great! It was absolutely delicious and so easy to make too!
I hope you enjoy this video and I encourage you to take the plunge and try this recipe.
Thank you for watching!
Please “like” & “subscribe”
Music courtesy of YouTube audio library.
PO Box 1624
Olive Hill, KY 41164
Product links below:
Instant Pot Beef Stew
2 lbs beef stew pieces
1 large onion, cut into chunks
2 cups baby carrots
2 cups mushrooms (cut in halves if they are large)
2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
3 Tb. Brown gravy mix
3 Tb. Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
¼ tsp. celery seed
Salt & Pepper
2 cups beef broth
1. In a large bowl, add stew pieces, onion, carrots, potatoes and mushrooms.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add brown gravy mix, ranch seasoning and celery seed. Stir well to coat beef and vegetables.
4. Spoon mixture into Instant Pot.
5. Pour beef broth over mixture.
6. On Instant Pot, select “Manual” and set timer for 15 minutes.
7. When cook time has finished select the “Cancel” button on Instant Pot.
8. Do quick pressures release by carefully turning pressure valve to venting position.
9. When all pressure has released, remove lid.
To thicken broth:
Remove meat and vegetables from Instant Pot and set aside. In a bowl combine 3 Tb cold water and 3 Tb cornstarch. Mix well.
Select the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot and allow beef broth to come to a rolling boil.
When broth has come to rolling boil, slowly add the cornstarch mixture. Stir with whisk until desired thickness is achieved.
Select the “Cancel” button on Instant Pot.
Carefully remove inner pot and pour beef broth mixture over the meat and vegetables.